Advanced Sili-Gel is a high-silicone gel that is enriched with Silicone and Aerated Silica, providing a blurring effect to improve the look, tone and texture of existing scars. Our best silicone gel for scars, it is ideal for incisions associated with surgical procedures, as well as scars caused by wounds such as burns, scrapes, and cuts. This breakthrough silicone gel features 95% silicone, 0.5% Allantoin, 2% Omega-6, Omega-9 fatty acids, and 1% Aerated Silica to protect and soothe dry post-procedure skin. With an elegant, invisible and non-greasy texture, this silicone gel protects and creates an ideal environment that helps blur the look of recent scars.
How to use
Once daily, or as needed, apply a small amount evenly to affected area. Do not apply to broken skin. Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. When used in conjunction with SkinCeuticals Advanced Sili-Gel, a broad spectrum sunscreen helps shield the skin from UV rays that can negatively impact scar healing by increasing discoloration and uneven texture.1,2
1 Haedersdal M, Bech-Thomsen N, Poulsen T, Wulf HC. Ultraviolet exposure influences laser-induced wounds, scars, and hyperpigmentation: a murine study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998 Apr;101(5):1315-22. doi: 10.1097/00006534-199804050-00024. PMID: 9529218.
2 Due E, Rossen K, Sorensen LT, Kliem A, Karlsmark T, Haedersdal M. Effect of UV irradiation on cutaneous cicatrices: a randomized, controlled trial with clinical, skin reflectance, histological, immunohistochemical and biochemical evaluations. Acta Derm Venereol. 2007;87(1):27-32. doi: 10.2340/00015555-0154. PMID: 17225012.
- 95% silicones: The gold-standard protective scar treatment ingredient in the medical community, silicone gels enhance application versatility versus traditional sheeting as they can be used on the face and other irregular scar surfaces .
- 0.5% allantoin: A therapeutic ingredient known for its emollient properties, allantoin helps soothe and protect compromised skin.
- 2% fatty acids: Naturally derived from sunflower seed oil, these fatty acids help improve hydration.
- 1% ultralight silica: This aerated form of silica provides a smooth, non-sticky texture that allows for comfortable, versatile wear.
Features & Benefits
- Clinically proven silicone gel to improve the look of new and existing scars by 29%
- Suitable for various types of scars on all skin tones • Invisible, non-sticky, non-greasy texture