FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
Breast Lift |
What is a breast lift (mastopexy)?
A breast lift (mastopexy) surgery is performed by repositioning the nipple higher on the chest wall, and removing excess skin to rejuvenate the appearance of the breasts. This surgery can help with sagging breasts caused by pregnancy, breast feeding, weight loss, age, gravity, or genetics. If the appearance of your breasts bothers you, a breast lift may be recommended by your surgeon to address these concerns.
Common surgeries performed with breast lifts
Breast lift combinations
- Breast lift with augmentation
- Breast lift with reduction
- Combined with areola reduction
- Lift and auto augmentation with your own breast tissue
- Breast Lift and fat transfer
Your plastic surgeon will discuss all of your options during consultation to collaborate with you on the best surgical plan for your desired results.
Schedule a consultation
Who is a breast lift candidate?
Are you a good candidate for breast lift surgery?
Review this information to find out if you are a good candidate for breast lift surgery. Good candidates:
- Should be in good overall physical health. Good overall health means that you have no untreated serious illnesses or active infections. Any health conditions should be discussed with your breast surgeon to determine if breast implant surgery is an option.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding and have no planned pregnancies in the future as these can change the breasts significantly and may affect your results.
- Maintain a stable weight
- Are non-smokers or will be able to quit smoking for at least 6 weeks before the breast surgery.
- Are bothered by breast appearance due to sagging and volume loss
- Have breasts that appear flat, pendulous or elongated
- Have nipples that point downward
- Have nipples that fall below the breast crease when not wearing a bra
- May have enlarged and stretched areolas, stretch marks on the breasts
- Breast asymmetry (one breast sags lower)
Who should not have breast lift surgery?
Find out why breast surgery may not be for you
Your breast surgeon will give you an honest assessment and let you know if you are a good candidate for breast lift surgery, but if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, are currently ill or have an infection, or if you have cancer or an abnormal mammogram, you will not be a good candidate for breast lift surgery.
Breast lift surgery options
What to consider for breast lift surgery
If you have determined that you may be a good candidate for a breast lift, then you will need to discuss with your surgeon what type of surgical technique will be used for your breast lift. You may also discuss whether or not you will combine other procedures with your breast lift.
- Anchor incision (most common). One incision is made around the areola, another vertical incision to the breast crease, and a horizontal incision along the breast crease. Provides the most amount of lifting, for severe sagging issues.
- Lollipop incision. Incision around the areola, and one vertical incision extending from the areola to the breast crease. For moderate sagging
- Periareolar. Incision is around the areola, for mild sagging.
Understanding the limitations of breast lift surgery
It is important to understand that a breast lift will not last forever, and gravity and aging will continue to have effects even after surgery. How long your breast lift results will last can be dependent on genetics, lifestyle, activity levels, etc.
Breast lift surgery repositions the nipple on the chest to achieve a lifted look, but will not add volume to the top of the breasts. If you desire volume in the top of the breast, a breast lift with augmentation may be a recommendation for you.
Your plastic surgeon will discuss all of your options during consultation, and will work with you to ensure you are on the same page to achieve your desired results. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied and confident with your outcome. The entire process and experience is completely customized to each individual patient.
Breast lift with augmentation
A popular plastic surgery combination
Combining breast lift surgery with breast augmentation (augmentation mastopexy surgery) is a first-rate option to restore breasts that have become sagging and deflated.
The breast augmentation and breast lift procedures together can be a great fit for women who:
- have deflated breasts that have lost significant volume
- were considering a breast augmentation surgery but also have breast ptosis (sagging)
- want to maintain the same size of breasts after breast lift surgery
- want to have fullness in the top of the breasts (upper pole area)
This is a fantastic combination procedure to provide a youthful, full appearance to the breasts, increasing your breast volume while lifting them as well.
Breast lift surgery does not reduce the size of the breast, but skin is removed and this may give the appearance of a slightly smaller breast; adding an implant can help to maintain the previous size as closely as possible.
A breast lift will not add extra volume to the top of the breasts, so choosing a round breast implant can help to give that perky appearance you may be looking for.
Combining a breast lift with a breast augmentation (mastopexy augmentation) might be the perfect solution to your breast concerns, and custom recommendations will be discussed with your surgeon in consultation.
Breast surgery risks
Know the risks of breast surgery
Like any other surgery, there are of course risks associated with choosing to have breast surgery. Being aware of the possible risks will help you to make an informed decision to have your surgery. Anyone can choose to have breast surgery, but we recommend that you do so after all pregnancies and breastfeeding is complete.
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Bleeding or hematoma
- Breast asymmetry or change in shape
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Potential loss of of nipple and areola (partial or complete)
- Issues with healing of incisions and/or scarring
What to expect for breast surgery recovery
It is our goal at Station L to ensure that your entire experience from the initial consultation to your recovery is as positive and comfortable as possible. Your plastic surgeon and surgical coordinator will go over your post-operative instructions and recovery with you as it is essential for your breast surgery results that you follow care instructions diligently.
First 24 hours: Have someone in place to pick you up from your surgery and care for you at home
Back to work: Approximately 1 week, depending on your job. Physical jobs will require at least 2 weeks off.
Exercise: Light exercise after 1-2 weeks (light cardio-walking/treadmill), Heavier exercise (such as weights) after 4-6 weeks
Final results: 3-6 months, scars continue to fade up to one year after surgery
Part of our process at Station L is making sure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions and feel guided through the entire process. Our concept is for you to have a five star experience, and our goal is for you to have the best possible outcomes and fewest possible complications.
Our office is always available for questions via email or text message should more questions arise.
Choosing Your Surgeon
We at Station L know that electing to have plastic surgery is a big decision. Finding the perfect plastic surgeon to fit your needs, your desired results, as well as your personality can be overwhelming. This is why we provide multiple surgeons to choose from, in hopes that you will find the right fit in one convenient, central location. Knowing that you are comfortable and feel at ease with your choice is our way of helping you have a five star experience.
Are you ready to find your surgeon?
Excellent follow-up from the two Dr. Izadpanah (Arash and Ali). In addition, the administrative staff as well as the nurses are very efficient and patient-oriented. Congratulations to the whole team for the impeccable approach and care.
A great surgeon who listens. You quickly gain confidence in his frankness and expertise. The results obtained are beyond my expectations and I am definitely grateful. A crush for Dr. Arash, for Nashrine, for Marie-Ève and Noémie the nurses who accompanied my process and for the nice ladies at the reception.
A great surgeon who listens to his patients and above all who does a remarkable job. For me it is a big crush that I will not hesitate to recommend to anyone in need of surgery. I will go back to see him for sure!.
What a great team and Dr. Arash is an exceptional, reassuring and talented surgeon. A beautiful human. Nashrin, thank you for supporting us in the process with gentleness, good listening and understanding. A lot of empathy in this team.
Very good surgeon. I had a mommy makeover (abdominoplasty and breast lift with implant) by Dr. Arash and I am very satisfied. He's a magician. I can't stop staring at my chest.