FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
Breast implants, fat transfer and breast auto
augmentation in Montreal.
Breast augmentation surgery continues to be in the top 5 most popular plastic surgery procedures and has been since 2006. It is an excellent and effective option to increase breast size in those who may be unhappy with their current breast size and/or shape, have lost volume due to weight loss or pregnancy, have undergone a mastectomy or who are seeking gender affirming top surgery.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation in Montreal
Schedule a consultation
Who is a breast augmentation candidate?
Is breast augmentation a good option for you?
If you are considering breast implants or any breast augmentation surgery, please review this information to find out if you are a good candidate for breast surgery.
Breast implant surgery candidates:
- Should be in good overall physical health and are not pregnant or breastfeeding. Good overall health means that you have no untreated serious illnesses or active infections. Any health conditions should be discussed with your breast surgeon to determine if breast implant surgery is an option.
- May be unsatisfied with their current breast size and/or shape, have volume loss from weight loss or pregnancy/breastfeeding, have had a mastectomy, have breast asymmetry or are seeking gender affirmation surgery.
- Are non-smokers or are willing to quit smoking 6 weeks before surgery and during the recovery period.
- Must have realistic expectations and be in a healthy frame of mind. Breast augmentation surgery can change your appearance permanently so you should understand and discuss expectations with your plastic surgeon.
- Should understand the risks of breast augmentation surgery.
Who should not have breast augmentation surgery?
Factors when considering breast surgery
Your breast surgeon will give you an honest assessment and let you know if you are a good candidate for breast surgery, but if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, are currently ill or have an infection, or if you have cancer or an abnormal mammogram, you will not be a good candidate for breast implant surgery.
Breast Augmentation Options
Options to consider for breast augmentation
If you have determined that you may be a good candidate for breast implants, then you will have a few other things to consider when deciding on your surgery:
- Implant options
- Silicone gel-filled implants (gummy bear)
- Shape (round or teardrop)
- Projection, how far the breast implant will extend from your chest ( low profile, medium profile, moderate plus profile and high profile)
- Implant placement
- Subglandular placement (under the breast tissue, over the chest muscle)
- Submuscular placement (under the chest muscle)
- Dual-plane breast augmentation (partly behind the chest muscle and partly behind the breast tissue)
- Internal bra (surgical technique to provide internal support to the breast implants)
- Scar placement and surgery technique (this will be discussed with your plastic surgeon)
- What type of look you are going for (natural, more “fake”?)
- Whether or not you have significant breast sagging (breast augmentation will not address this and your surgeon may recommend a breast lift to optimize your results)
Your breast surgeon will discuss all of your options during consultation, and will work with you to ensure you are on the same page to achieve your desired results. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied and confident with your outcome. The entire process and experience is completely custom to each individual patient’s specific wishes.
Breast augmentation risks
Know the risks of breast augmentation surgery
Like any other surgery, there are of course risks associated with choosing to have breast augmentation surgery. Being aware of the possible risks will help you to make an informed decision to have your surgery.
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Implant leakage or rupture. A ruptured saline-filled implant will deflate and the liquid will dissolve in the body which is harmless. A ruptured silicone implant may affect the shape of the breast and require removal.
- Loss or change in nipple sensation
- Capsular contraction (scar tissue forming around the implant) that may distort the shape of the breast(s)
- Breast pain
What to expect for breast augmentation recovery
It is our goal at Station L to ensure that your entire experience from the initial consultation to your recovery is as positive and comfortable as possible. Your plastic surgeon and surgical coordinator will go over your post-operative instructions and recovery with you as it is essential for your breast surgery results that you follow care instructions.
First 24 hours: Have someone in place to pick you up from your surgery and care for you at home
Back to work: 3-5 days, depending on your job. Physical jobs will require at least 2 weeks off.
Exercise: Light exercise after 1-2 weeks (light cardio-walking/treadmill), Heavier exercise (such as weights) after 4-6 weeks
Final results: 3-6 months
Part of our process at Station L is making sure that you have all the information you need to make informed decisions and feel guided through the entire process. Our concept is for you to have a five star experience, and our goal is for you to have the best possible outcomes and least possible complications.
Our office is always available for questions via email or text message should more questions arise.
Choosing Your Surgeon
We at Station L know that electing to have plastic surgery is a big decision. Finding the perfect plastic surgeon to fit your needs, your desired results, as well as your personality can be overwhelming. This is why we provide multiple surgeons to choose from, in hopes that you will find the right fit in one convenient, central location. Knowing that you are comfortable and feel at ease with your choice is our way of helping you have a five star experience.
Are you ready to find your surgeon?
- 1304 Greene Ave., Westmount, Québec H3Z 2B1
- 514 316-7887
Excellent follow-up from the two Dr. Izadpanah (Arash and Ali). In addition, the administrative staff as well as the nurses are very efficient and patient-oriented. Congratulations to the whole team for the impeccable approach and care.
A great surgeon who listens. You quickly gain confidence in his frankness and expertise. The results obtained are beyond my expectations and I am definitely grateful. A crush for Dr. Arash, for Nashrine, for Marie-Ève and Noémie the nurses who accompanied my process and for the nice ladies at the reception.
A great surgeon who listens to his patients and above all who does a remarkable job. For me it is a big crush that I will not hesitate to recommend to anyone in need of surgery. I will go back to see him for sure!.
What a great team and Dr. Arash is an exceptional, reassuring and talented surgeon. A beautiful human. Nashrin, thank you for supporting us in the process with gentleness, good listening and understanding. A lot of empathy in this team.
Very good surgeon. I had a mommy makeover (abdominoplasty and breast lift with implant) by Dr. Arash and I am very satisfied. He's a magician. I can't stop staring at my chest.